How much money did I make from the Android Market for the First month

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It is already been one month since I published Make It 3D on the Android Market. I think many people want to know how much money did I make so far from the Android market. So, here is my story.

For the first month (Jul 18 ~ Aug  17)
  • Total downloads: 6851
  • Active installs: 3205 (46.8%)
  • Average rating: 4.405 out of 5 from 42 users
  • Revenue from mobile advertising (admob): $3.88
  • PRO version sales: $3.99 * 18 copies =  around $72 (there is exchange rate issue) 
* For those who don't know my app
- Make It 3D is an Android app that makes anaglyph stereoscopic pictures
- Click here for more info: here
- Google Play link:

The number of downloads and active installs
6851 downloads for the first one month is not bad. The number of active installs is 3205. This number means 46.8% of users who downloaded Make It 3D still have it (53.2% of downloaders uninstalled it).





 



Mobile advertising (Admob)
Admob runs click-based advertising campaign. It means admob gives me money when user clicks the banner on the top of my app. I earned $3.88 from 92 clicks. It is around $0.04 per click. People said that it starts to make meaningful amount of money when downloads are over 200,000
  • Impression: 22,604
  • CTR: 0.41% (percentage of clicks over impressions)
  • Total clicks: 92
  • Revenue: $3.88







PRO version sales
Eighteen users bought PRO version so far. I made full refunds to the first four customers because I found huge bugs in the PRO version. Therefore, actual sales are 14* $3.99 = $55.86 and Google will take 30%. Since I blocked PRO version purchase almost 10 days (Jul 22 ~ Jul 31) to fix bugs, it is almost one copy per day. Not a bad record for the first month.

Income total
$42.98
  • PRO sales $3.99*14*0.7 = $39.1
  • Admob: $3.88

Not big money. But, good thing is my download/active install rates are slightly increasing. I realized marketing is also very important. I am trying several tips to increase download rate. I will post these tips when it shows something.


Any suggestion or comments are welcome!

Here are other my sales reports
Three month Android Market sales report 
2011 Android Market sales reports (5 months)

1 comment:

Stephen o neill said...

thanks for the info very interesting

Post a Comment